Lovetriangle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books and topics to help us heal

4 posters

Go down

Books and topics to help us heal Empty Books and topics to help us heal

Post by Admin 1/17/2008, 12:06 am

Here's the place where we can show a list of helpful books. I will be putting up a link to amazon.com so you can order the book right on line. I highly recommend getting into their used book area, you can save a lot of bucks on fairly used books. Any ideas would be helpful here

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2007-12-01

https://theotherperson.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Books and topics to help us heal Empty Re: Books and topics to help us heal

Post by Dulce 1/18/2008, 9:03 am

Thanks SD....good idea.

Dulce
Dulce
Dulce

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 2/4/2008, 11:55 am

I've ordered a book by Sarah J. Symonds titled, "Having an Affair?, looked interesting and infromative, we'll see. peace, songbird
songbird
songbird

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini 2/5/2008, 1:52 am

I read a book called "The Five Languages of Love" by Gary Chapman. It is written in several formats. One for couples, one for men, one for apologies, one for single people & several more. The book really defines love in several ways. If you read that book you can see how much you are loved by so many different people. I read the book for couples, yea it was more geared towards married couples, but it helped me see how many other people loved me & that I overlooked it. It actually is helping me to see how many people really do care about me & that I am not alone even when I think I am.
Gemini
Gemini

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulce 11/9/2008, 10:54 am

I've noticed that when I least expect it, thoughts run through my head that make things REALLY clear. Most of the time, I have only a napkin or scrap of paper to write it down, but now I'm making an effort to be more prepared to catch these thoughts, because I can't remember them later if I don't. Writing it down seems to take the weight off my shoulders of whatever truth was dogging me at the time. I don't have to "carry" it, until I'm ready.

Last week I spotted a book entitled "Note to Self - on Keeping a Journal and Other Dangerous Pursuits", by Samara O'Shea. This book is a guide on getting it out of us and onto paper. On the book's jacket, the author writes "....I have recorded moments both simple and emotionally inundating, I have scratched wounds wide open in order to start the healing process......"

That did it....I knew this book was for me. I know we all love to write, and I heartily recommend this book especially if you're into journalling.

Love, Dulce
Dulce
Dulce

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum