Lovetriangle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Passion

4 posters

Go down

Passion Empty Passion

Post by Admin 3/30/2008, 2:01 pm

One of the things that is helping me heal is to make a list of things, people, and subjects that I am passionate about...

For me, I am very passionate about music. In the past, I have hosted "house concerts" in which I find acoustic singer/songwriters that i find interesting and I host a concert for them. I have a room in my home that I designed for such a purpose..it's hardwood floor, catherdral ceiling (about 17-20 ft) and it is 26 feet long by 16 feet wide...it also open out to my deck. In the past 3 years or so, I now use it as my studio.

So now I use our subdivision clubhouse to host these events. It's very simple and once you get into it, you will make friends that will stay for a long time. You can find these musicians EVERYWHERE..ie, the local coffeehouse is a great place to start. You pick a day, time, location, etc. You use E-VITE to invite your firends and use the muscian's email list to advertise to those people. Next, you buy some munchies, wine, etc. I charge $15.00 at the door and that includes munchies, wine, etc. $10.00 goes to the artist, and the rest you recoup for expenses. Have a table set up in the back so the artist can sell his music.

Many times my guys make about $400.00 in ticket sales and then another $300 or so for Cd's....$700 is not a bad take for these guys and they ALWAYS want to come back. they also tell their friends that I am a good promoter so I typically get really great artists that will play on one of their "off nights".

I realized in looking back that I HAVE NOT hosted a house concert in over a year! I can only attribute that to one thing..being WAY too preoccupied with something else....

so it's time to bring passion back into my life instead of heart ache!

Wish me luck!

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2007-12-01

https://theotherperson.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Passion Empty Re: Passion

Post by MessedUp 3/30/2008, 11:28 pm

I wish you luck. Maybe we can make a group trip into visiting one of your events.
MessedUp
MessedUp

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini 3/30/2008, 11:54 pm

It is the passion in our lives that keeps us feeling alive. Wether it be music, art, outdoor events... take time to do it.
Gemini
Gemini

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dulce 10/19/2008, 12:12 pm

SD,

Music is my passion!

In view of your current new life, are you still having these events? And, if you don't mind me asking, is this how you met your new love?

Dulce
Dulce
Dulce

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum