Lovetriangle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How was your Weekend

3 posters

Go down

How was your Weekend Empty How was your Weekend

Post by MessedUp 4/13/2008, 1:46 pm

How was everyones weekend?

I went on a sailing trip with some people at work and had a wonderful time. This was my frist time on a sailboat. I came from the power boat background. It was nothing like I thought it would be. I will be doing it again.
MessedUp
MessedUp

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

How was your Weekend Empty Re: How was your Weekend

Post by songbird 4/14/2008, 10:24 am

MU, sailing sounds so fun, I've never been on a sailboat before. As for myself, I just hung out at home. I did have a bunch of friends over on Friday night and we played cards and I drank too much. peace, songbird
songbird
songbird

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini 4/14/2008, 10:24 pm

I worked most of the weekend. I did find out that my roommates truck cannot be driven safely. The cab mount that attaches the cab to the frame is rusted almost completely through. We aren't sure if it can be legally fixed to pass inspection, so for now we are primarily using my car. We are going to go to the car auction tomorrow night to see what we can find. I did get some good news. I got the approval on the mortgage for a house I want to buy. Now all I have to do is place the bid & see what the seller has to say.

I did stumble. I ran into MM. We talked about our jobs, kids & our cars. He did hug me as we parted ways & I stumbled. I kissed him. It felt soo good to be held that I don't even know why I did it, I just did. He was somewhat amused, when he saw I was confused about doing it. He laughed & said it was ok & we just left it at that. I do miss him so much at times & other times I am glad to be free of the guilt I felt. In some ways I still feel guilty. Not for the A but for not answering all of her questions as honestly as I would have liked. I was trying to spare her feelings & keep her faith in him. How sick is that? I was more concerned for their relationship than I should have been in taking care of myself & the pain I was bring on myself.

All in all I have a fair weekend.
Gemini
Gemini

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MessedUp 4/14/2008, 10:27 pm

This was the first time I went sailing and I loved it. Gonna do it again. Soon I hope.

I am also working a golf tournament that is for a cancer benefit this Friday. Should be fun. I know nothing about golf.

How did the auction go? Find anything good?
MessedUp
MessedUp

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 4/15/2008, 6:39 am

Well, all in all, sounds like everyone is keeping the drama at an all time low. This is good, we will all realise this down the road.LOL So hope everyone can make this a great week. I certainly am going to try to. peace, songbird
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini 4/16/2008, 12:38 am

Well we went to the auction tonight. We did a couple of nice cars & just watched to see how they do it & find out how much cars were going for. It looks like we can get a decent car for a couple thousand dollars. We are going to wait a week or two to be sure my roomie will have the money to get something nice & not put us in a bind with the household bills.

I had the day off & got around to taking the headliner out of my son's car & put new on the frame. It is sitting now waiting to be put back in tomorrow. The adhesive said it would take 24 hrs to cure so I figured it would be best to let it sit in the warmth of the house while it cured. The next step is wrapping the dash in leather or replacing it with one from a junkyard if I can find one. So far we have been lucky enough to be able to do everything ourselves. If we can keep it that way we should have an awesome looking classic car for under $15000. I love doing this with my son. He is teaching me about restoring cars & we get to spend time together doing something he loves. Believe me at 17 most boys don't want to be spending this much time with their Mom, so this is great for me & him.

We are still trying to make plans to go to the ATV trails next month. So far his dad is still saying no & I am still working on getting a title for my ATV so that I can get it registered.
Gemini
Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by MessedUp 4/20/2008, 9:46 pm

I did the sailing thing again this weekend. I am learning and going to be crew member in my first race on May 10. I am very excited about it. It is a lot of fun.
MessedUp
MessedUp

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 4/24/2008, 6:41 am

Hi all, I have gotta get out in the yard this weekend and plant some flowers, trim back bushes and clean up aroun the yard. Last weekend it was very stormy and rained so hopefully this weekend will be better. That's about the extent of my exciting life right now. MU sailing sounds so frikkin fun. I love water. I gotta get out and get a life really. All this gorgeous woman just going to waste! LOL! Just kidding! Hope you all have a great weekend. Can't believe that May is right around the corner. Crazy,huh? peace,Trena
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by MessedUp 4/24/2008, 6:23 pm

I love the sailing.

This weekend we have a big party at my house. My son turned 26. When he was born we had 9 women in the same neighborhood give birth within 2 weeks of each other. The kids were together through middle school then a few left. Six of them were together through high school.

So the last Saturday of April every year we have a Birthday party for all of them. This will be the eight one. We are expecting 30 to 50 people. Last year I spent the whole time outside on the phone with my MM. This year I am gonna have a blast hanging out with the kids. We have a DJ and I am sure it will be fun.

I have to show these youngsters that an old woman like me can keep up.
MessedUp
MessedUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini 4/24/2008, 9:24 pm

I am? Well I guess to a few of you I really am around the corner. Ha ha. Yes May is right around the corner & that means my son's birthday. I am still trying to get the 4 wheeler trip planned. I did find that they have cabins for rent. I also got the info I needed to get my atv titled so I can get it registered & insured. (It has to be to be able to use it at the trails.)

I have sooo much to do to get this house in shape & no time or money to get it done. These gas prices are no help at all. Nowadays it seems to be eating up most of my paycheck. Gas here raised 14 cents since last Wednesday. We are up to 3.59 a gal. here.....what is where you live?
Gemini
Gemini

Back to top Go down

Post by songbird 4/25/2008, 10:54 am

Jeez, May, this morning I noticed that our prices are $3.51, absolutley rediculous! I live out in a rural area where I have to drive a distance to get to anything so all I do these days is drive to work and home. I try to plan all my stops to the market or whatever while I am already out. I have alot of yard to mow as well. Oh well, just gotta get creative and find cheap ways to entertain myself, huh? peace, songbird
songbird
songbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum