Lovetriangle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Own Your Day

2 posters

Go down

Own Your Day Empty Own Your Day

Post by Admin 4/16/2008, 3:00 pm

I have a close friend. Every time I call her, she's tired..tired of running, tired of taking care of her kids, tired of school, tired of her assignments...in otherwords, everyone owns her day instead of her.

Listen, we all have the same 24 hours as everyone else...and 8 of it should be devoted to sleep/rest...afterall you have to recharge and take care of that body of yours.

Then you should probably have another 8 hours devoted to supporting your life, ie. work. Many paople I know HATE their job....literally cannot stand the thought of going into work on Monday..that means you have 1/3 of your life devoted to something you HATE!!!!!!!

The next 8 hours is typically devoted to family..getting them ready, cooking, doing laundry etc...so that really leave little time for you...

If you're devoting a few of those hours (and they are precious) to your MW or MM you are literally wasting away precious time you will NEVER get back....for those fo you who feel it's an investment..like any good investment, ask yourself what's the payoff...how much interest are you earning....is this a long term investment or an immediate short term investment...

I started to think about that and I have literally spent a life savings on my MW. I really really thought it would pay off...i really really thought I was making a wise investment....and my love bank is depleted! I now have to start over from scratch!

And we can start investing in ourselves...investing in owning part of our day...making those 8 hours of sleep really count for something...taking an hour or two out of our family time for yourselves....is it greedy..NO! It's healthy! It's healthy to take some time to laugh..to call an old friend..to share a glass of wine with someone who doesn't drain us....to steer clear of drama...and complaints....

Ask yourself how many times your MW/MM complained about their spouse...and we listened...we empathized...and one day, we just stop listening...we take that hour and devote it to ourselves...maybe take that hour to walk around the neighborhood...or play guitar, or spend that really listening to our kids or even ourselves!

So next time you are sitting there thinking about what was or what could be..ask yourself if this is productive...make a goal and devote 1 or 2 hours to you so you can begin to own your day again...even if this means you stay home from work one day and catch up on sleep..or a book..or marvel at nature....and always ask yourself if you are giving enough to you....it's a good feeling to own your day!

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 323
Registration date : 2007-12-01

https://theotherperson.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Own Your Day Empty Re: Own Your Day

Post by Mandy 4/18/2008, 7:16 pm

Excellent Point S.D.!!

Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Mandy