Lovetriangle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dreamin...

4 posters

Go down

dreamin... Empty dreamin...

Post by Gemini 4/24/2008, 9:42 pm

I have a "dream" so to speak. I want to open my own studio. I just got my camera fixed, after it being down for over a year. I got a door latch assembly so that I could fix it on my own. The local dealer wanted $140 to fix it plus the cost of parts. After a $11 bid & about 2 hrs of taking the camera apart & putting it together, it now works fine. I have customers coming into my new job asking when I'll be doing photography again. So my plan for now it to try to get some sittings set up for outdoor sessions. I'll charge flat bottom rates & use all the money made after processing & film to get a professional digital camera. Once I have that I can then start investing in the lighting & more props. I can then either look for a business place to use to set up my studio, or if things work out right set one up here at home. I am just not sure about the lighting here & power supply for lighting.

So what are your dreams & what plans have you made to try to bring them about? I'm not sure how mine will work out, but at least I am now planning on a future for me. Planning on the future can help to keep you on the right track to a brighter, healthier you.
Gemini
Gemini

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

dreamin... Empty Re: dreamin...

Post by MessedUp 4/25/2008, 10:59 am

My dreams haven't gone far enough to come up with a plan as good as yours. Your posting is making me think that I need to come up with something to work toward. For this summer I want to learn more about sailing. Enough to handle a boat by myself with confidence. At the end of the summer maybe I can evaluate and decide if I want the dream of working toward my own boat.

Outside of that my dream is to be Happy and Enjoy life.
MessedUp
MessedUp

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandy 4/25/2008, 7:13 pm

Congratulations for following your dreams!

There is nothing more rewarding than following your passion.

Go you!

Love and hugs,
Mandy I love you
Mandy
Mandy

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lilla_fjaril 4/26/2008, 3:05 am

My instructor is a neurosurgery nurse. She goes to Kenya with a surgical team every year and they do hundreds of surgeries on Kenyan children that have birth defects like hydrocephalus because of inadequate vitamin D intake. People come from all over East Africa to bring their children to see 'the Americans.' The US team also spends time educating (and learning from!) Kenyan docs and nurses.

She showed us a slide show and the happy smiles of moms and kids were amazing. What a way to fill my whole world with love and at the same time show a few people that not all Americans are fat, loud, dumb, and lazy. That's my dream. I was so scared to do my first IVs and when I thought I was going to lose it and run from the room in a panic I just thought of those amazing smiles on my instructors slides...and they got me through.

lilla_fjaril

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MessedUp 4/26/2008, 1:06 pm

Now that is making a difference in the world. One day you will be the one going to Kenya.
MessedUp
MessedUp

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum